VMware Solutions Architect - Master Data Management - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Indianapolis, Indiana
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2018 revenues of $8.9 billion, VMware has more than 170,000 customers and 35,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 22,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Our seasoned IT leadership team has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware’s IT organization to be truly cutting edge.
The MDM Domain Architect will be responsible for end state vision, architecture, design, build and consumption strategy for Master Data, Data Quality and Data Governance processes. The candidate will be leading the design and development to build out the NextGen MDM solutions for VMware. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of SMEs, development resources and willing to be hands-on as needed. The candidate should have exceptional functional and technical skills in master data implementations as well as PUB/SUB model across all business functions. In this role the candidate will embrace and adhere to IT standards, processes and methodologies.
• Architect, Design and implement NextGen MDM solutions as well as enable consumption of master data across the ecosystem like Quote to cash, Deal & Order management, SaaS lifecycle business models, Renewals management, GTM offer enablement, Mergers and Acquisitions etc.
• Lead technical architecture and design by demonstrating strong solutioning skills and best practices resulting in robust, future ready, scalable MDM solutions.
• Establish and maintain relationship with business stakeholders.
• Manage and deliver the initiatives in a fast-paced execution environment, driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction, stakeholder management, on-time delivery and efficient task execution.
• Work with global development teams – India, US locations.
• High performing individual with hands on experience and knowledge of implementation of Master data solutions.
• Strong Functional and Technical background in software application development and its lifecycle methods using Agile.
• Expertise of master data migration, integration tools and methodologies.
• Expertise in Informatica or other MDM platform, Integrations, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytics tools, APIs & Web Services.
• Expert in MDM configurations w.r.t Hub/Cleanse servers as well as Elastic Search implementations.
• Hands on experience with configuration and tuning of match/merge rules.
• Hands on experience in messaging and integration technologies like RabbitMQ, JMS etc. to support distributed application architecture.
• Deep understanding of full stack technologies and programming languages, e.g., Java, Python, C#.
• Experience in big data technologies and AI/ML is a plus.
• Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems.
• Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner.
• Able to work, collaborate and contribute to a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience.
• Logical/Perceptive, problem solving, detail oriented, solution oriented.
• Flexibility/Adaptability to fast paced execution environment.
• Excellent verbal communication skills in articulating the latest technology trend.
• 14+ Years of experience in implementation and management of Master Data applications for large enterprise (2B+ annual revenue)
• Hands on implementation experience in enabling MDM, Data Quality and Data Governance processes for the ecosystem.
• Experience in delivering solutions by leveraging SDLC processes and tools, Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile).
• Must have experience of preparing technical specifications, detailed design documents and developing test cases.
• Thorough understanding and proven experience of enabling master data consumption across the ecosystem.
• Experience in mentoring junior team members with demonstrated success in developing the career of junior team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in CS or Equivalent with 14+ years relevant technical experience, MS Degree preferred
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs