PDS Tech Inc Sr Electrical Engineer I - Digital Design in Indianapolis, Indiana
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr Electrical Engineer I - Digital Design, in Indianapolis, IN.
NOTE: 12 Months Contract. Applicant must be a US Citizen.
• Seeking a Sr Electrical Design Engineer to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules, FPGAs, and/or CCAs for a variety of DoD applications.
• The qualified candidate must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card and/or FPGA design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware/firmware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART).
• This role functions in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects.
• This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or FPGAs and will be expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes to ensure total design compliance.
• This role interfaces with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
The role requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Candidates are expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
Occasional travel (10% to 15%) could be required.
Contact: Sana. Email: email@example.com OR Call Direct # 314-665-2124
• Must be a US Citizen, with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
• Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verify the solution via Integration & Test (I&T) activities
• Experience with PCB design tasks and proven ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
• Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
• A strong advocate for process improvement
• Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
• Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
• Self-motivation and good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks at a time
Education Requirements: Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience or 12 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline. MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
• Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
• Experience in the development and design of electronic circuits, multi-assembly systems, and processors
• Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
• Team and project leadership skills
• Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
• Experience leading a program transition from development to production
• Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
• Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.