Black & Veatch Sr. Network Architect - Telecom - Virtual US in Indianapolis, Indiana
Sr. Network Architect - Telecom - Virtual US
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 35822
Job Title : Sr. Network Architect - Telecom - Virtual US
Location : USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : COR-TELECOM-DIVISION OPERATION
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
The Sr. Network Architect functions as an expert technical specialist and/or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced knowledge, engineering techniques, concepts, and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity or serve as a senior technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
The Senior Network Architect will be responsible for network architecture planning, development, design and implementation for Black & Veatch utility and other clients. Analyzes client’s business needs to develop telecommunications strategy and technology solutions. May offer technical advisory and consulting services to the client. Provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to business development and pursuit activities, including creating proposal, scope, level of effort estimation and implementation plans. Leads and participates in project execution and technical delivery.
Key duties include:
• Communicating directly with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to identify current and future network and telecommunication needs
• Creating master communication plans to meet those client needs and receive buy-in from the client
• Collaborate with and/or delegate responsibilities to a team of engineers
• Assesses industry standards for models, and where appropriate, incorporates them into client solutions
• Participates as technical subject matter expert on major projects and application roll-outs
• Responsible for developing and adhering to all engineering/quality processes and procedures and all documentation/tools
• Work hand-in-hand with project management on project delivery and technical issues
• Develops and manages scope, schedule and budget requirements
• Leads production teams and may coordinate multiple discipline activity
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
• Expert with written and graphical documentation and processes
• Validates work of lower level network engineers
• Capable of optimizing day-to-day operational stability with the continual need to
• improve the service and deploy new services, processes and technologies
• Create or expand utility communication systems which best meet client requirements
• Understands, advocates, and supports IT strategies
• Mentors and trains others on the network services team
• Is externally recognized in industry as an expert that enhances the Company brand
Typically, a minimum of 10+ years network related work experience. Utility experience preferred.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Expert knowledge of IP data network engineering design principles, guides and standards.
• Expert knowledge in design and implementation of highly resilient and scalable network architecture, including layer 2/3 transport, LAN/WAN technologies, IPv4/IPv6 planning, and QoS design, etc.
• Expert ability in assessing enterprise-scale IT/OT network infrastructure and its operations to orchestrate strategic technology plan and execution roadmap.
• Advanced technical writing and presentation ability to develop technical processes and procedures, System Requirements, Method of Procedures (MOPs), work packages, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP).
• Advanced ability to analyze and scope engineering deliverables for large complex projects
• Intermediate knowledge of procurement, contract administration, business and financial acumen
• Intermediate knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating.
• Hands-on experience with Nokia and Ciena OTN/DWDM, Metro-E, IP/MPLS is required.
• Cybersecurity knowledge and experience is highly desirable
• Knowledge or experience with RF/WiMax/Microwave/LTE technologies is desirable
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving
• Advanced Oral/Written Communications and Excellent Presentation
• Influence and Consensus Building
• C-Level Consulting
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Vendor and recognized independent certifications a plus (e.g. PMP, CISM, CISSP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, etc.)
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment. Home office work space and internet connection to support work from home. Physical Demands: Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing, reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended periods of time.
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Network Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs