Rose International INC Systems Administrator in Indianapolis, Indiana
Position Title: Systems Administrator
Position Number: 297875
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Desired Skill Set:
SuSE, Red Hat, MS Windows, Linux, DATA MANAGEMENT, Big Data, Hadoop, Hive
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Position: Linux Hadoop Administrator
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Start Date: 10/29/2018
Duration: 961 Hours from projected start date - contract-to-hire assignment
Onsite interviews are REQUIRED for this position. The manager will be starting with a phone screen.
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The CLIENT, the driving force for Indiana’s data driven innovation, provides analytics solutions tailored to address complex management and policy questions, which enable improved outcomes for Hoosiers. A national leader in data-driven government, we empower our partners to leverage data in innovative ways and facilitate data-driven decision making and data-informed policy making.
We are looking for a motivated solution builder to address challenges around passing data between state entities and displaying/processing data that maximizes the benefit to state business. Our Linux Hadoop Administrator (Systems Administrator Sr.) strategizes best models, methods and Linux Administration processes to associate data into accurate, meaningful information that empowers state agencies to better serve their customers.
Success is demonstrated through using your expertise to quickly understand business data flows and software capabilities to build information technology architectures that serve state-wide needs. This results in creating best practices, shared methods and critical resources for agencies and partners with similar demands.
Basic Job Requirements:
Multiple years of experience in Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux, or equivalent distribution
Extensive Linux administration background with understanding of Big Data Hadoop and Hive experience
Strong communication of complex Linux Admin information to Technical and Non-Technical staff
• Operating Systems platform installation, systems management, security, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, and version upgrades on Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux, or equivalent distribution
• Linux Hadoop Administration with Cloudera distribution
• Assist with the definition and implementation of new system security policies and maintain compliance with existing policies
• Systems architecture and design to include base system standards, minimization/hardening guidelines, etc. and thorough documentation of the same
• Design and support for application servers and services to include installation and troubleshooting software on server platforms, ensuring compliance with current licensing
• Design and oversee the implementation of new project requests, to include ability to determine hardware requirements, ability to determine proper network security zone based on use, and ability to define potential impacts (and/or improvements) for system availability
• Assist in the setting of system standards for base implementation (including limit values, volume and file system management, service configurations, etc.)
• Utilizing strong scripting capabilities to automate base system administration tasks
• Provides advice, training and technical support for the automation needs of various projects
• As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, the System Administrator shall expect to learn how to integrate these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in that integration
• Advanced knowledge of Suse Linux and Red Hat Linux administration
• Knowledge and experience working with R Server administration
• Advanced knowledge of computer hardware/software capabilities and configurations
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology or equivalent work experience with a minimum of five years systems administration experience
• Advanced knowledge of data communications, connectivity and agency used operating systems
• Advanced knowledge of the most recent technical developments in the computer systems field with a concentration of knowledge in the data management area
• Ability to perform logic analysis
• Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals
• Excellent verbal and written skills, organization, project prioritization, and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without direct supervision
• Ability to guide and coordinate the work of others
• Basic experience in other operating systems (listed in order of preference):Windows
Difficulty of Work:
• Work is broad in scope requiring extensive judgment in adopting techniques to meet the information technology requirements, specifications, standards, and procedures of a complex enterprise-wide system.
• Work has a direct influence and impact on the agency's ability to successfully administer the business operation to achieve agency mission, policy, or practice.
• Technical instruction is generally not needed; however, incumbent may seek guidance when unique problems arise.
• Work is reviewed for adherence to deadlines and attainment of objectives.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)