Indiana University Health Team Lead-Environmental Services in Indianapolis, Indiana
Provides direction to staff and perform duties of the area's major work functions. Acts as a resource and mentor for the team and other staff. Assists manager with scheduling, training, and inventory duties. Develops and maintains the application of hospital personnel policies and ensures effective utilization of human and material resources. Trains staff on appropriate techniques and monitors performance for quality and eeffectiveness.
Takes the initiative to proactively resolve issues, address concerns, identify potential risks, and improve overall processes and outcomes. Seeks new ways to improve individual and team efforts for overall success, while promoting collaboration and teamwork. Prioritizes team member development and provides frequent coaching and opportunities for two-way dialogue. Actions consistently exhibit and model the values of the organization.
Assists area clinical staff by using specialized knowledge in surgical instrumentation and procedures to prepare for surgical cases. Provides technical guidance of case carts. Located in our Nationally Ranked University Hospital-Day Shift.
· High School Diploma/GED preferred
· Requires knowledge of cleaning emergency spills (hazardous chemicals, infectious waste, or cytotoxic drug).
· Requires working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, techniques and equipment.
· Requires advanced preceptor skills and experience in mentoring and coaching staff.
· Requires Knowledge of the OR and Sterile fields.
· Requires Basic Computer skills.
· May require Basic Life Support certification through the AHA.
· Requires 1-3 years of experience.
· We offer a comprehensive portfolio of Company Medical, Dental; Vision Benefits, including a matching 401k
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership and development, promotion opportunities and cross training. IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s Healthiest states.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.