Raytheon Technologies Technical Support Engr II in Indianapolis, Indiana
Performs the following duties and activities as assigned.
• Must demonstrate competencies necessary to meet the business requirements.
• May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross-functional team.
• Reviews design documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Performs capability assessments and determines manufacturing labor standards and requirements to support proposal activities.
• Ensures manufacturing activities meets all Engineering and print requirements.
• Provides extensive technical advice to resolve difficult test and integration problems.
• May work independently on larger, moderately complex projects/ assignments. Sets objectives for own job area to meet/exceed the goals of projects and assignments.
• Communicates within and outside of own job function (e.g. Engineering, Mission Assurance, customers, vendors, etc.) regarding policies, practices and procedures.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
• Responsible for providing technical guidance, coaching and training (production processes) to other employees (Technicians, Production Assemblers, etc.).
• Requires designing and documenting manufacturing assembly and test procedures to meet print and engineering requirements.
2+ years of applicable experience
Must have in-depth knowledge of APEX/PRISM manufacturing transactions.
Must have knowledge and ability to develop manufacturing rework processes, ensuring drawing and quality requirements are met.
• Active listening skills
• Experience with the repair/test of fiber optic cable and equipment
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills
• Experience with specifying, preparing, and performing electronic manufacturing assembly and test procedures.
• Familiar with checking completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy
• Experience with leading/participating on cross-functional teams focused on resolving design, process, and product development issues.
• Experience with IPC J-STD -001, IPC-620, and AS9100 / ISO 9001.
• Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Previous experience with PC board fabrication (Wave Solder, SMT, Through Hole, Screen and Reflow processes, etc.).
• Considers relative costs/benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs