Danaher Corporation Thermoplastics Operations Manufacturing Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The Thermoplastics Manufacturing Engineer will support Thermoplastics Operations’ activities at its Life Science headquarters in Indianapolis, IN.
- Will support efforts to resolve product technical issues impacting product quality, delivery, and cost; as well as product and process issues impacting productivity off the manufacturing floor.
- Responsible for solving complex technical issues in product and process design through structured, scientific problem solving; development of engineering solutions using technical skills and structured design tools (DFMEA, PFMEA); and implementation of design changes, along with IQ/OQ/PQ validation processes, while adhering to company procedures and industry and regulatory standards.
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Supports Thermoplastics Operations activities with a focus on product and process issues impacting quality, delivery, productivity, and cost. Solves technical issues through structured, scientific problem solving.
- Implements IQ/OQ/PQ validation processes; change orders; and material dispositions documentation.
- Applies analytical skills to troubleshooting, data interpretation, and process optimization.
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in leading continuous improvement, Six Sigma efforts and kaizen project team are desirable. Experience in working with kanban and pull systems and in regulated environment is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills desirable.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IN-Indianapolis
Req ID: BEC013182