Guidehouse Valuation Expert Quantitative Modeler - Consultant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Responsible for assisting the quantitative modeling team with the development new models and enhancing existing models. Employ the use of sound economic theories, statistical methods and risk modeling techniques in developing and enhancing models. Work with other QMs to execute contract requirements and provide technical guidance to stakeholders. Collect, test, clean and combine data from multiple systems and assess data quality, consistency, and completeness. Summarize valuation output and provide written products of various types, including tables, charts, short summaries, as well as longer analytical memos and model documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or in a related field; Advanced degree and/or CFA/FRM preferred.
· Minimum of 3+ years of MSR valuation experience with an industry recognized valuation model, including independent model preparation, processing, analysis, and communication of results.
· In depth knowledge of MSR valuation assumptions and prepayment/default risk modeling, term structure modeling, OAS valuation and relative value analysis.
· Understanding of fixed income cash flow modeling and valuation concepts and excellent knowledge of fixed income products such as mortgage servicing rights, mortgage backed securities, mortgage derivatives, asset backed securities and residential mortgages.
· Proficiency in SQL, Visual Basic Programming/Scripting, and Excel-based Macros, and in at least one other statistical analytic tool such as SAS, R, Phyton or MATLAB.
· Current/prior mortgage banking environment experience and working with mortgage valuation models.
· Experience in Vendor models e.g. Compass, AD&Co, QRM, Bloomberg and using market data and trading platforms such as Bloomberg, Reuters, or TradeWeb.
· Experience drafting reports on various economic and financial topics for internal and external audiences.
· Ability to work with in a team with varying skill and knowledge levels.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Advanced degree and/or CFA/FRM preferred
US Citizenship preferred but not required
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Guidehouse Jobs