Daifuku Web Holding Company WYN - Manager - Documentation and Training Development in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Wynright Project Execution team successfully delivers highly automated Material Handling Systems. These systems take advantage of Daifuku Wynright’s industry leading technologies to meet and often exceed our customers business objectives. Team members will work with systems including multiple types of material handling automation (ASRS, Shuttle, STV, Robotics, Conveyor, AGV, AMR, etc.), Software (WCS, WES, SCADA, OMS, Etc.), Structures, Storage, Selections, and various engineering disciplines. The Documentation and Training team provides our clients with project documentation and training.
The Manager – Leads a teamof technical writers that are primarily tasked with developing customer facing project documentation and training material that covers the functionalities, features, and safe operation of Daifuku Wynright’s Automated systems. The priorities for this position include team development and coaching, strategic planning, standardization, department workload management, successful collaboration with the Manager of training Delivery and enhancement of any and all documentation creation needs for project related work and other company related tasks as assigned.
- Leads and manages the Documentation team, including but not limited to setting department budget, assigning projects to team members, conducting performance reviews, setting department goals, training, mentoring, and coaching department members, and managing direct reports
- Creates a team of technical writers that can deliver project documentation, manuals and training material that exceeds the expectations of fortune 100 clients.
- Collaborates with customers and project teams to develop training material and project deliverable documentationthat is within the scope and budget provided, or proposals for additional training and documentation support.
- Develops client relationships that extend beyond project completion to add value to our customers and additional revenue streams for Wynright
- Works with senior management to meet organizational objectives
- Develops documentation standards that deliver consistent and predictable results to our clients and stakeholders
- Travel to customer sites for meetings and project related support as needed as well as attend management meetings as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, training, knowledge management or equivalent experience.
- Prefer 10 years of experience in education, delivering training, and/or developing training strategies
- Fortune 100 Experience a plus.
- Strong understanding and practical application of system technical documentation development, human learning styles, coaching, and training practices.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead, manage, coach, and train all levels of employees
- Knowledge of Automation technology including conveyor, ASRS, Shuttle, AGV, Pick technologies, Robotics, etc. a plus
- Exceptional presentation skills; knowledge of training software such as PowerPoint, video training, etc.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers, vendors and executive management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
# of Openings: 1
Shift: 1st Shift
Company Division: WYN