TEKsystems Desktop Support Tech in Jeffersonville, Indiana
The Desktop Support Tech will provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. Provides departmental leadership support, mentors and trains other I/S personnel, should expect to provide supervisory support to management.
• Conduct research on desktop products in support of end user device procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
• Write technical specifications for purchase of workstations, desktop hardware and related products.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, laptops, tablets, printers and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to workstation boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
• Collaborate with system/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
• Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by users and/or business managers.
• Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between workstations and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and then provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Configure, test and troubleshoot mobile devices.
• Must project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions at all times.
Desktop, Active directory, Troubleshooting, Hardware, password reset, printer support
Top Skills Details:
1) The ability to remote in a help with level 1 troubleshooting. ex. Password Reset
2) The ability to set up work stations, computers, monitors, phones, etc.
3) Prior experience troubleshooting printers of scanners
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
80% - Desktop Support
20% - Service Desk
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 9p-9a
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs