Belcan Business Research Specialist in Lafayette, Indiana
Business Research Specialist
Job Number: 287526
Category: Skilled Trades
Description: A Business Research Specialist job in Lafayette, IN is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. As a Business Research Specialist you will be primarily responsible in aiding the team in making better business decisions. You will provide support for a large team of engineers by processing supplier, budget, and component data. This will include data entry, processing data, and summarizing results to support key decisions and activities for the team.
Business Research Specialist job duties:
• Creation of monthly metrics report; includes gathering data from multiple sources and summarizing into standard format
• Support budgeting activities by reviewing monthly spend and updating forecasts
• Working with supplier data to identify at risk suppliers and potential areas of concern
• Supplier quality data analysis
• Processing Engineering Change Request and Deviation data to find trends and areas to focus improvement
• Collaboration with various groups within the company, including platform engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and accounting
• Review part shortage lists and transform data into summary reports that highlight areas of concern for Design Control managers
• Procurement of prototype material
• A Bachelor’s degree is Business, Communication or similar degree
• One to three years of Experience
• Proficient at Microsoft Excel
• Must be self-motivated with a good sense of urgency when handling assigned tasks
• Ability to work with diverse personalities is required as this position will interface with many other departments (such as other engineering groups, operations, suppliers, marketing, supply chain, and customer service)
• Ability to multi-task and work with a team of individuals of diverse backgrounds
If you are interested in this Business Research Specialist job, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Lafayette , IN
Minimum Experience (yrs): 0-2
Required Education: Associate (AA, AS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart