Indiana University Health Clinical Coding Specialist I in Lafayette, Indiana
Reviews clinical documentation and diagnostic results to extract data and assigns all appropriate CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 procedural and diagnostic codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research and regulatory compliance for inpatient and/or outpatient technical and professional charges.
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have completed an accredited coding program, have previous coding experience, or hold a RHIA.
• RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CCA, COC, or CPC credential.
• Requires ability to read, understand and interpret medical records and other treatment documentation.
• Requires high level of concentration.
• Requires the ability to function effectively in a high-volume environment.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate with physicians. REQNUMBER: 304324