Belcan Supplier Development Engineer in Lafayette, Indiana
Supplier Development Engineer
Job Number: 287528
Description: An Supplier Development Engineer job in EITHER Peoria, IL or Lafayette, IN is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a four-year degree in engineering or technology (disciplines can include mechanical, agricultural, or aeronautical engineering) and two to five years of experience. Some travel may be required for this position.
Supplier Development Engineer job duties:
• Produce specification documents to meet engine application and program requirements through collaboration with multiple other internal engineering organizations.
• Collaborate closely with suppliers to specify, procure, validate and release products to meet all program requirements (emissions, application requirements, industry certification requirements and others) and program dates.
• Conduct design reviews relating to product design projects.
• Responsible for the quality of drawings and drawing wrappers provided to checking.
• Produce RFQ’s and purchase order requests to procure parts from suppliers for performance and validation testing in addition to RFQ’s supporting production quotes in collaboration with Global Purchasing.
• Collaborate closely with the Technical Center to support lab activities as these pertain to validation and performance activities.
• Apply the group’s standard work. Responsible to insure APQP, FMEA, DVP&R and other standard new product development processes are followed in the development and release of product
• Four-year degree in engineering or technology (disciplines can include mechanical, agricultural, or aeronautical engineering)
• Two to five years of experience
• Solid technical skills to provide turbocharger application engineering services
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent communication skills. Position will require ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms as a majority of supplier interaction is through teleconferences, email and on-site visits
• Previous experience with CPPD, FMEA, and APQP highly preferred but not required
• Ability to travel
If you are interested in this Supplier Development Engineer job, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Lafayette , IN
Minimum Experience (yrs): 0-2
Required Education: Associate (AA, AS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart