Stanley Acess Technologies Quality Technician - 2nd Shift in Montpelier, Indiana
Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
SEF Global Operations
State / Country / Province:
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for Quality Technician at our Montpelier, In plant.
Under general supervisor and according to established policy and procedures, checks parts and conformity to specification and drawings. Using various measuring equipment, checks parts to ensure production capable. Adheres to all safety rules and guidelines. Participate in any continuous improvement activities.
Essential Job Functions
· Conducts receiving, first piece, in process and final inspection activities per control plans (includes capability studies and SPC reports)
· Identifies nonconformities and issues internal rejections for suspect material/product.
· Sets up, calibrates and operates inspection, measurement and test equipment
· Conducts dimensional layouts, performance, functional and PPAP testing
· Develop manufacturing support documentation
· Perform part analysis relative to customer or internal rejection
· Perform product and process audits
· Maintain housekeeping standards
· Ability to work overtime as needed
· Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Essential Skills & Experience
· High School Diploma or GED
· Produces visual inspection aids for production floor
· Participate in continuous improvement activities
· Assist with root cause analysis
· Coordinates in –process capability studies as necessary
Competencies (5-10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role)
· Mathematical ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide), practical application of percentages and ratios
· Ability to read instructions in the use and maintenance of inspection equipment
· Basic knowledge of inspection methods, gauges and blueprint reading.
· Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Computer skills needed to log data, communicate issues
· Walking, standing, bending, sitting
· Use of hands, arms and fingers regularly
· Lifting and carrying 5-35 pounds regularly
· Climbing, pushing, pulling occasionally
· Use of eyes, visual quality checking of parts
Personal Protective Equipment
· Hearing protection
· Safety Glasses
· Safety shoes – slip resistant and safety toe
· Other additional PPE may be required when operating machinery or using chemicals.
Inside working environment, on production floor and in office setting. Noise levels on production floor require hearing protection, temperature fluctuates dependant on season. Working around powered industrial vehicles. Production floor can become slippery with oil.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.