Aerotek Tooling Engineer in Mount Vernon, Indiana
• Design and procure tooling to support fabrication of heavy equipment. Examples of tooling could include: access platforms, machining fixtures, gauges, covers, welding support equipment, lifting & rigging support equipment, etc.
• Collaborate and conduct reviews with production personnel, end users, weld engineers, and manufacturing engineers to develop concepts for tool designs
• Position utilizes NX heavily to model and develop designs.
• Work with vendor base to obtain pricing and procure tools. Assist through technical issues and act as a liaison for purchasing activities. Conduct "kick-off" meetings with vendors to describe build needs. Maintain dialogue with vendors throughout build process to support any technical hurdles or questions.
• Spend time in production shop to support products, understand build sequence and schedule, and be present to receive feedback on designs.
• Write design reports for tooling designs and also perform peer reviews.
• Perform structural analysis through hand calculations, MathCAD, FEA and other tools to verify tooling designs.
• Approve drawings for tool designs.
• Collaborate with Welding and Manufacturing Engineers to develop concepts for tool design and stay aligned with project schedules.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs