Progress Rail Services Corp. Engineering Business Analyst in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3811BR
Posting Title: Engineering Business Analyst
Job Category: Engineering
Alternative Work Location: Muncie, IN
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Assist the Engineering Department through the collection and verification of multiple massive data sources and the creation and dissemination of reports on specific data
Key Job Elements
TimeControl Database Administrator:
• Serve as the business owner of the TimeControl vouchering system;
• Maintain roster of employees and personnel data in Time Control;
• Manage all open projects i the database and revise codes as necessary;
• Oversee the collection of timesheets in a timely manner;
• Correct errors to vouchered hours and other information as they are discovered;
• Create and/or run custom reports in TimeControl for engineering as needed.
Engineering Forecast Administrator:
• Maintain all project, department, and actuals information in engineering database;
• Update and send out monthly forecasts to Engineering Manager for completion;
• Assist managers with on time completion of forecasts;
• Collect finished forecasts and upload data into engineering database for future use.
• Continuously update current reports with most recent information;
• Write custom reports for engineering personnel as needed;
• Create new reports to convey information in new or efficient ways.
Engineering Budget Aide:
• Compile next year's budget using current budget and multiple other sources;
• Collect updates to budget line items from managers and amend accordingly;
• Attend budget meetings to provide information and make running changes to budget;
• Revise current budget.
Education / Training
• Bachelors Degree - engineering, finance/accounting, business, economics, statistics.
Qualifications and Experience
• Very strong excel skills;
• Analytical skills.
• Strong Microsoft Access skills;
• Ability to create and alter Macro's;
• Deep understanding of statistics.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities