Indiana University Health Information Services Operations Manager in Muncie, Indiana
Manages the overall responsibility for Help Desk staff and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems. Ensures all phases of Help Desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately. Retains responsibility for development, maintenance, and integrity of Help Desk software. Assigns personnel to various operations and directs their activities. Reviews and evaluates work of staff and prepares performance reports. Develops short- and long-term plans to meet the needs of the customer base to be served. Ensures systems adequately meet their needs and seeks to improve systems through direct communication with customers. Monitors and reviews the professional development of all team members.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
•Requires 5-7 years of experience in IS and/or management role.
• Requires knowledge in business or clinical applications and supporting technology.
• Requires a demonstrated fundamental understanding of project accounting and financial management.
• Requires an understanding of general Information Management roles, responsibilities, and best practices.
• Some combination of the following certifications/coursework is preferred: PMP, ITIL, Six-Sigma/continuous improvement/quality training, Agile Methodologies, CCNA, VCP, CISA, CISSP, or vendor-specific SAN/NAS training.
• Strong working skills with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc. is preferred.
• Preferred experience with contractor and vendor management.