Indiana University Health Lab Assistant I (Ball) in Muncie, Indiana
The Lab Assistant I at the Ball Lab provides general laboratory services including specimen collection, order entry, blood component preparation, pre-analytic processing of specimens as well as related clerical tasks. The incumbent may be responsible for patient and specimen registration and delivery of specimens.
• Requires HS grad or GED Equivalent.
•Completion of a phlebotomy training program with experience in laboratory or coursework in biological, chemical or related science preferred.
• May require a valid Indiana Operator?s license and a good driving history for the last three years.
• May require an understanding of the traffic laws in the State of Indiana.
• Requires working knowledge of computers.
• Requires telephone skills.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
• Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
• May serve on appropriate committees or projects that contribute to the overall purpose and essential functions of the department. REQNUMBER: 307359