Progress Rail Services Corp. Spv I, Production in Muncie, Indiana
Muncie, IN Locomotive - 293
Supervise production workers in the Final Assembly Department.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred.
Production Supervisor - Final Assembly
Key Job Elements:
• Direct supervision of production workers;
• Assign tasks/projects within work cells;
• Follow-through on assignments to completion;
• Communicate daily/weekly/monthly production goals;
• Contain costs within budget paramaters;
• Maximize efficiency/productivity to avoid overtime;
• Manage safety effort within assigned work group;
• Administer Company policies within work group;
• Operate in accordance with established Company value system;
• Develop employees for success in current and future assignments.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Formal training in safety concepts in a heavy mechanical environment;
• Leadership development training;
• 3-5 years experience in railroad services and/or railroad mechanical operations preferred;
• Minimum 2 years supervisory or management experience;
• Experience managing safety programs in a heavy mechanical environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Alternative Work Location:
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs