Staff Management | SMX Production Planner in New Albany, Indiana
City.: New Albany
Pay Range: Based on experience
Employment Duration: Full time
Are you interested in working in a fast paced environment? Do you want to work in a position where your position has a direct impact on the production?
Staff Management | SMX has a great direct hire opportunity with growth potential for an Production Planner at our automotive production facility in New Albany, IN. The Production Planner implements Production System concepts on plant floor with production team members. Designs and develops new process with preproduction engineers and machine group engineers. Attends preproduction trials, observes and makes appropriate changes to make process ready for mass production by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Improves mass production processes to achieve cost reduction and maintain competitiveness in the automotive market using Toyota Production System.
• Educates production supervisors and management on the concepts of the Toyota Production System.
• Facilitates production supervisors and management in implementing Toyota Production System to achieve cost reductions.
• Streamlines entire manufacturing process from customer to supplier.
• Designs and develops new processes from Process Plans.
• Educates and facilitates factory technicians on one-by-one manufacturing method ensuring quality and just-in-time delivery.
• Creates Standardized Work Charts for preproduction and mass production processes.
• Creates Production Pattern Charts for preproduction and mass production processes.
• Analyzes material and information flow for both mass production and preproduction.
• Develops plant layouts using AutoCAD to streamline current production processes and to plan for future production.
• Implements new processes for preproduction trials, evaluates and makes improvements to achieve mass production status.
• Uses leadership qualities and project management to supervise TPS members in achieving project goals in a timely and efficient manner.
• Travels to suppliers to audit production processes and makes recommendations to achieve cost reduction.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.