AECOM Mechanical Engineer in Odon, Indiana
United States of America - Indiana, Odon
AECOM is seeking a qualified Mechanical Engineer to join our team to help develop solutions to some of the most critical challenges faced by the DoD.
This position will perform as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems. Responsible for obsolescence management.
1. Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks independently.
2. Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
3. Generate complete design specifications for more complex projects.
4. May provide training to less experienced engineers.
5. Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
6. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
8. Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9. Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
11. Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
12. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related science field and at least 7 years of job related experience or equivalent. Excellent communication skills; inter personal; organizational and analytical skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications are required. Position may require travel. Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Obsolescence experience required.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199899BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.