Anthem, Inc Actuarial Analyst (future opportunities) - 0140420 in South Bend, Indiana
Actuarial Analyst (future opportunities) - 0140420
Location: United States
Field: Administrative Support
Requisition #: 0140420
Post Date: Jun 26, 2018
*This posting is for future opportunities for academic year 2018-2019.
Anthem Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem Inc., we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. Anthem Inc. strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine
The Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, developing and validating statistical data. Essential duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Under limited supervision, applies the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and performs preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
• Updates actuarial models as directed.
• Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy, in addition to identifying and resolving errors.
• Ability to suggest creative methods to enhance the effectiveness of processes and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
• At least one actuarial exam completed
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong PC skills and good problem-solving skills
• Skilled with Microsoft software such as Excel, Access, Visual Basic and Word
• Knowledge of actuarial and statistical modeling techniques used in actuarial projections
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran