1st Source Bank Specialist, Continuous Improvement, Corp Ofc, South Bend, IN in South Bend, Indiana
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates banking centers in 17 counties, 23 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and ten 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
We are seeking professionals who are ambitious, friendly, and outgoing and looking to work within a company that demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect to all employees. We are committed to creating a diverse team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers. We offer pay commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package. Veterans, Disabled and alumni of AmeriCorp and Peace Corp are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for working with teams to prepare and conduct process improvement results. Develops and prepares materials for use in the events. Coordinates with department management and participants. Leads instruction on the use of process improvement tools, facilitates team decisions, manages team work, resolves team conflicts, assists in the development of implementation action plan and conducts follow-up.
- Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, project management and state of the art presentation and platform skills.
- Seeks and evaluates process improvement events utilizing information, materials and methods to match specific organizational needs as outlined by management. Adapts them to use in the execution of process improvement events.
- Participates in and coordinates the development of event objectives. Works with department manager to ensure appropriate participation and support and in scheduling the events.
- Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to ensure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits. Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
- Develops reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including accomplishments, participation, and projected activities.
- Ability to create reports to analyze the financial impact of projects and/or teams.
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to ensure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Assists in facilitating training courses on key process improvement techniques
- Ability to attend training, conferences, and site visits at other lean corporations to expand lean knowledge.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of business process improvement experience preferred.
- Successful track record of business performance improvement.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to teach and coach colleagues on utilization and application of lean principles and tools including developing and trying new lean tools.
- Possess keen team leadership, problem analysis and solving, and process improvement skills and interacts with management; providing expertise in process improvement techniques to achieve corporate objectives within the costs allowable.
- Applies own organization and business knowledge to market, communicates the benefits of Continuous Improvement and operates with substantial latitude for independent action or decision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and colleagues.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio preferred.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete every project/responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention for detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings, projects, seminars, etc. Limited overnight travel when necessary for conferences, seminars and training
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran