Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Structural Designer in Valparaiso, Indiana
Shive-Hattery's Valparaiso office has an opening for Structural Designer with 3 plus years of experience.
- Have 3 plus years of experience using Revit, preferably structures
- Able to work on moderately complex projects under general supervision
- Ability to produce construction documents, including 3D model generation and detailing
- Must have good attention to detail
- Computer literacy a must including Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Experience with Revit importing/exporting with other modeling software (AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.) and 3D scanning technology are not required but would be a plus
- Be willing to work some overtime
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new things and adapt to changing markets and software updates
- Provide REVIT drawaing production support of projects in the structural discipline and work well with structural engineers
- Work in a team environment and on multidiscipline projects
- Effectively handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines
Get the best of both worlds in Valparaiso: We’re situated in a rural setting not far from a busy industrial district. With a population of about 32,000, we’re not too big, but we’re not too small.
Our landscape is one-of-a-kind, too. Kettle lakes and knobs dot the scenery, and we’re minutes from the shore of Lake Michigan, the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Indiana Dunes State Park. Scout for rare bird species, fly a kite, hike the trails, play Frisbee, splash in the lake, build sand castles, play beach volleyball – our shoreline is among the top five family beaches in the country.
Annual festivals and events earned Valparaiso recognition as “Community of the Year” from the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. Watch a racing event, the balloon launch or the parade at our annual Popcorn Festival, which celebrates Valparaiso resident Orville Redenbacher. The Porter County Fair, held every summer, draws top-notch entertainment and features old-style fun like demolition derbies and tractor pulls.
We’re home to Valparaiso University, which draws a variety of culture and arts entertainment. From the Taltree Arboretum and Gardens to Chicago Street Theatre, Northwest Indiana Symphony and Indiana Aviation Museum, there are a lot of fun, family-friendly options. Shive-Hattery’s Valparaiso office is just two miles from Valparaiso University campus, and close to several restaurants, lounges and cafés.
When a long weekend has you yearning to get away, take the one-hour drive to Chicago to try one of 4,700 restaurants, take in the skyline or watch the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks or Bears play.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Title: Structural Designer
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Job Posting #: 1355