J&J Family of Companies Manager, Quoting Analysts in Warsaw, Indiana
The Strategic Customer Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC) is recruiting for a Manager, Quoting Analysts. The preference for this position is to be located in West Chester, PA, with consideration given to Raynham, MA; Somerville, NJ; Warsaw, IN or Cincinnati, OH.
Contract Strategy is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMDC Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the field to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer possible and in close collaboration with Contract Management, the group responsible for executing, uploading and ensuring compliance with the contract.
The Manager, Quoting Analysts will manage 11 Quoting Analysts within the Deal Desk. Those responsibilities include coordinating the overall workflow / workload balancing across the Quoting Analysts, identifying areas of disconnect / backup and devising solutions, ensuring best practice sharing / skill development across the Quoting Analysts, and ensuring adherence to the approved strategies / objectives of Contract Strategy and the Deal Desk. In addition, you will be developing / refining training materials and standard operating procedures as necessary. This also includes identifying high performers and creating opportunities for them to lead, identifying low performing or struggling analysts and coaching, and resolving interpersonal conflicts, confusion or misalignment within the team. The Quoting Analyst Manager is also responsible for soliciting feedback from and providing feedback to the Deal Managers, Deal Desk Director and Senior Director of the Deal Desk to ensure a high level of service, high quality end products and effective processes in offer development. The Quoting Analyst Manager role will work directly with the Quoting Analysts and Deal Desk Director in preparing offers, Contract Strategies in understanding approved strategies, and the Deal Desk Leadership in continuously improving the process.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure appropriate work assignment and workload balancing across the Quoting Analysts which have responsibilities for Trauma.
• Identify areas of disconnect / process failure and work with the Deal Desk Director and Senior Deal Desk Director to resolve
• Ensure best practice sharing and skill development across the Quoting Analyst pool
• Develop and refine training materials and operating processes
• Strong leadership and management skills are required to manage analyst pool located across five JJMD campuses
• Identify high performers and create opportunity to lead / expand
• Identify struggling or low performers and coach / address
• Resolve interpersonal conflicts, confusion or misalignment with the team
• Solicit from and provide regular feedback to the Deal Managers, Deal Desk Director and the Senior Director of the Deal Desk to ensure continuous improvement
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a concentration in Business, Finance, or Sales & Marketing is preferred.
• A minimum 8 years of total business experience in Contracting, Sales, Finance or related business experience is required.
Experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-manage in a complex / time sensitive environment
• Experience in a highly remote matrixed environment is preferred
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders
• Price benchmarking experience is preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of direct management experience with at least 3 direct reports is required
• Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Account Management, Franchises, Deal Managers and Contract Strategy Leadership
• Drive to understand the JJMDC products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
• Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards overall business objectives while understanding and respecting individual business objectives
• Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations
• Ability to drive adherence to protocols and business rules while still respecting individual needs
• Experience with sales teams, leadership mindsets and customer needs is preferred
• Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business
• Ability to manage, motivate and lead remote teams of analysts is required
• Experience with quoting systems and support tools helpful
• Prior experience with offer development and/or contracting is preferred
• Domestic travel is required up to 10% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)