J&J Family of Companies Senior Deal Desk Analyst (1 of 3) in Warsaw, Indiana
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC) Strategic Customer Group is recruiting for a Senior Deal Desk Analyst (1 of 3). The preferred locations for these positions are Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA, or Somerville, NJ, with consideration given for Warsaw, IN or Cincinnati, OH.
Contract Strategy is responsible for the development and execution of contracting and pricing strategies for customers within the JJMDC Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the field to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer possible and in close collaboration with Contract Management, the group responsible for executing, uploading and ensuring compliance with the contract.
The Senior Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for the development of offers (including products, prices, solutions and financial T&Cs) for customers in Medical Devices. You will be an expert on developing the detailed offer, and interact with the Deal Manager, Contracting Director and other Deal Desk Analysts to develop the most appropriate offer and scenarios possible. The Senior Deal Desk Analyst is also responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing quoting analysts on both their understanding of the tools to develop the offer as well as influencing and problem-solving skills to develop the most appropriate offer and scenarios.
The primary objectives of the Deal Desk are to:
1) Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability (products, prices, solutions and T&Cs)
2) Reduce the time spent by the field on writing contracts to create more time for them to focus on customers
3) Make it easier for our customers to do business with us
4) Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
The role of the Senior Deal Desk Analyst can vary from being an advisor on strategic partnerships and structuring complex deals (for tier 1 customers) to enforcing a more narrow set of options for other customers (tier 4).
• Drive the development of detailed offers and scenarios for the Deal Manager, leveraging product expertise, business acumen and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices
• Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis (where needed) maintaining a high attention to details of the offer while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends and insights across offers
• Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
• Identify areas for improvement – within systems, processes and interactions – and surface regularly to the Director of the Deal Desk to support our objective for continuous improvement
• Take an active role in developing and improving training materials and SOPs
• Coach / mentor developing Quoting Analysts to strengthen their skillset and improve the quality of their work
• Provide all necessary documentation / files / rationale to relevant stakeholders (e.g., Contract Admin, Deal Manager)
Business Processes, Policies and Strategic Objectives
Market Place and Customer Knowledge
Financial and Analytical Skills
Fact-based and analytical
Listening & Asserting
Strong verbal skills
Clear, concise written communications
Feedback and Self-Awareness
Development Plan and Career Management
Benchmarking (Internal and External)
Pricing and Contracting:
Contracting Strategies and pricing analytics
Understanding of the JJMDC customer and contracting market place trends
Mentors and Coaches Others:
- Depth in coaching / development in new ways of working in a team environment
Collaborative with other stakeholders
Strong, fact-based influencing and negotiation skills
Strong conflict management skills
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
Ability to disaggregate a problem in components and root causes
Be hypothesis-driven and drive 80/20 analysis with imperfect data
Sound judgment and strong pattern recognition
Solutions-oriented with a bias towards action
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in Business, Finance, or Sales & Marketing is helpful.
A minimum of 4 years of work experience with at least 2 years in Contract Management, Finance, Pricing or another related field required.
Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs
Strong desire to meet / exceed expectations
Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance
Ability to identify, prioritize, & interpret information and data from disparate systems
Exceptional attention to detail, customer service and results orientation
Excellent Communication – written & verbal – internal & external
Excellent analytical skills
Intermediate Excel skills are required
Ability to create, present and communicate findings to all levels of Management
Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders
Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Deal Desk team and Contract Admin
Drive to understand multiple JJMDC products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
Ability to work within complex quoting systems with high degree of accuracy and speed
This role will require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United States-New Jersey-Somerville, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)