Tunnell Consulting Inc. Facilities Engineer in West Lafayette, Indiana
Job City: West Lafayette
Job State: US - Indiana
Client Project Number: 8970
Plans, organizes, leads and controls:
Engineering investigations into site problems and opportunities, including building, facility, utilities, process equipment, packaging equipment.
Develop and maintain policies and procedures to comply with applicable regulations related to environmental, OSHA requirements.
Development of proposals to resolve site issues and/or meet site opportunities
Development and maintenance of engineering procedures and documentation for manufacturing operations, facilities, utilities, and new projects.
Develop, supervise and execute plans for preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, and metrology
Execution of projects in support of site requirements
Project engineering as site representative on major projects
Management of HVAC systems
Management of site’s environmental reporting systems.
Execution of engineering investigations into performance of site manufacturing, facilities and utilities systems, and development of proposals to optimize performance. These investigations can either be carried out internally or by contractors.
Execution of engineering investigations into site requirements to meet business opportunities, regulatory requirements. These investigations can either be carried out internally or by contractors.
Development of site engineering procedures to ensure effective and compliant execution of engineering work on site.
Development of engineering documentation required by manufacturing operations, facilities, utilities, and/or new projects. This will include development of specifications, test protocols, procedures and the like.
Provide engineering solution during deviation and CAPA investigation.
Maintenance and safekeeping of site engineering documentation. This may also include supervision of technicians verifying and updating engineering documentation.
Project engineering for new site projects. For site-based projects, this may include project and construction management. For large projects [generally those involving a third party engineering contractor], this may include design guidance, review and approval, and liaison with site functions, as site engineering representative.
Provide Engineering assistance to Validation during protocol execution.
Overseeing the preventative maintenance program.
Minimum Job Qualifications
B.S degree in Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or Pharmaceutical Engineering
Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Project engineer, Process engineer, or Plant engineer in a Pharmaceutical Solid Oral Dosage Facility. Minimum 5 years expereince working with Capital Projects.
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems in terms of fundamental engineering and / or scientific principles
• Ability to apply engineering and / or scientific principles to the development of procedures, specifications and standards for systems and equipment new to the site
• Ability to execute, document and present investigations into engineering-related issues
• Ability to apply project management principles to new projects and plan, organize and execute such projects
• Sound knowledge of engineering aspects of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
• Sound knowledge of commissioning and qualification of systems
• Working knowledge of solid oral dose manufacturing equipment.
• Working knowledge of HVAC and utility systems, including building automation / management systems
• Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems
• Develop proposals to resolve site issues and/or meet site opportunities
• Develop and maintain engineering procedures and documentation for manufacturing, facilities, utilities, and new projects
• Lead engineering as site representative on projects
• Supervise the operation of site BMS (Building Management System) and Security System.
• Support investigation into all compliance related issues including Corrective Action / Preventative Action Plans (CAPA’s), Deviations, Periodic Reviews and Change Controls
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint